Highlights of 2013 Mid-Year Meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico, April 1-2, 2013
Hosted by the New Mexico EDGE Program of the New Mexico State University
- Approved a Trademark Licensing Agreement with AACPM under the Consortium’s new Trademark Standard Operating Procedures.
- Discussed the creation of a Fellows Program that will provide a means for former board members to continue to contribute to the Consortium. The proposal will be presented for Board of Director consideration at the September Annual Meeting.
- Conducted a Strategic Planning Session: Focus on the Future resulted in a set of four draft goals for the next 3-5 years. Board Officers will develop identify goal team leaders/members for each goal and charters for each team. Goal Categories are:
- Demonstrate the Effectiveness of CPM;
- Make CPM Programs more Visible;
- Continuing Professional Development; and
- Improve Consortium Operations.
- Discussed a proposal that future Mid-Year and Annual Meetings set time aside for sharing best practices, networking, sharing innovations and resources. Given changes in AACPM/ASPA Annual Conference schedules, options for future Consortium meetings will be evaluated and presented to the Board.
2013 Mid-Year Meeting Attendees
Back Row: Howard Balanoff (Texas), David Stovall (Mississippi), Chip Taylor (Indiana), Terri Callahan (Kansas), Juella Sparks (Alaska), Marilyn Balanoff (Texas), Julie Felice (AACPM), Skip King (Mississippi); Front Row: Keith Heaton (AACPM), Mary De Lorenzo (New Mexico), Lorena Johnson (Illinois), Connie Pratt (Idaho), Sally Manatt (Arizona), Sherry Saracino (Utah), Peggy Stewart (Consortium Administrator).
New Mexico EDGE CPM program graciously hosted the Mid-Year Meeting. Many thanks to Mary De Lorenzo for such a comfortable, spacious meeting room.
Consortium Chair Kathi Parker
The Consortium’s Mission is posted and reviewed as Board attendees prepare to begin the SWOT Analysis - identifying Consortium Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
Consortium Members Mary De Lorenzo, Juella Sparks, Marilyn Balanoff, Terri Callahan, Julie Felice, Skip King, Howard Balanoff and Sally Manatt review posted SWOT Analysis
Consortium Secretary Mary Hamilton and past AACPM President Keith Heaton concentrate on their input to Consortium goals
Chip Taylor, Kathi Parker, Mary DeLorenzo, Terri Callahan, and Connie Pratt organize identified goals into categories.
Mary De Lorenzo and Sally Manatt share a light moment.